These cushions are things of true beauty. The fabric is handwoven using traditional African methods and the print is created using layers of fermented mud, left in the sun to dry before being dried and repeated again - this is where the term 'mudcloth' comes from.
This cushion is really large and brings a wonderful monochrome print to any home. The deep black is punctuated by the different tones of white arrows, creating a really contemporary feel.
- 20" square cushion cover (looks best filled with feather insert 1-2" larger)
- Backed in cream, unprinted mudcloth
- Fabric handmade in Mali, covers handmade in Bath, UK
- Hand wash only in cold water, scrubbing on the reverse side. Transfer of colour can occur on the lighter backing.
- Each cushion will vary slightly for the picture - these are handmade items and that is what makes them special and unlike something you'd find on the High Street. Marks may vary, as will stitching, and each mark is handmade.